Wednesday, November 09, 2005

California Removes its Feeding Tube

I can't believe it. California has chosen to void their Constitutional right to bear arms and bow down to far left special interest groups and blatant pro-choice ideology.

I'm not a fan of special interest groups --any of them. In the past I've never felt the need to join one, and the NRA is no exception. I've never seen the NRA be against ownership or promotion of any type of "arm" be it automatic or even nuclear. That's how special interest groups work -know no limits, know no compromise (just ask Peter Drucker). Today however, when I see San Francisco waive their Constitutional right to bear arms, it angered me so much I actually decided to join the organization. An organizatioin I don't even care for.

So anyway, I just signed up as a member of the NRA. It took two minutes and was only $35 dollars. I'm going to get a subscription to America's First Freedom --hopefully it doesn't suck. Words cannot express how much I want the NRA to overturn this measure made by idiots in San Fran. I'll try to keep an eye on the NRA's site to see if they'll get a bump in traffic after today.

In other bone-headed moves in California, they've chosen to let minors have an abortion without requiring them to tell their parents. Never mind the fact that kids can't even go on a field trip without parental permission. California has forsaken parental guardianship for the freedom to have access to an abortion. To all who voted against Proposition 73, never again do I want to hear you claim to have a legal, parental right to authorize --or even know about-- anything your child does, especially if it's health related.

The media is wondering if Arnold Schwarzenegger is the big loser in California since none of his propositions passed. I can only pray that public outrage across the country is so intense that the losers will undeniably be the voters that outlawed a piece of parental authority and the constitution.

No comments: